Saturday 19 February 2011

Toxic Beauty Fact 1

I mentioned in a post or two ago that I was eagerly anticipating the delivery of some books from Amazon. After a bitter mix up I have re-ordered and now have in my hands Toxic Beauty by Dawn Mellowship. Here it is.


And from time to time, as I read it I thought I'd share with you some of the things I find out. 

Here is Fact 1.

Humctants are substances that keep in moisture. Oil-free moisturisers are based on humectants. They work by sucking in moisture from the surrounding environment. If you are in a nice moisture-plenty environment then all is good. If there isn't sufficient moisture in the air then the moisture that the humectant wants comes from the deeper layers of your skin. Drying it out. So not moisturising it all then. Bloody hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment