Friday 18 March 2011

Oskia Renaissance Mask


If you remember on the Oskia, A Love Story post I boldly declared my new found feelings for a nutrition-based skincare company after never having tried the products. Brave! you might say! I'd say Thank You! But that's how I am, I wear my heart on my sleeve. And here's what happened. Cupid, in the form of the lovely people at Oskia, sent to me some products to try. My heart sings, my lashes flutter, once again I think love is in the air.

Oskia bases all their products on MSM which is the most bio-available form of sulphur, known as the beauty mineral. It boosts collagen production and repairs and regenerates skin. Other ingredients in the Renaissance Mask, plucked from the grocers as well as the laboratory, include natural fruit AHAs, papaya enzymes, lactic acid, ribose, butterbur, Swiss garden cress liposomes and prebiotics. Wow.

To spotlight a few of those, AHAs help to exfoliate skin on a more molecular level, unbinding cells instead of scraping them off! Ribose has an oxygenating effect on cells which improves luminosity (with some very scientific charts and graphs to prove it here.) And papaya enzymes work to decongest pores for a thorough cleanse.

This is what I like about Oskia, the decisions on the ingredients used are made on the basis of  convincing research and facts, giving you products that work. As you know, I don't believe in the use of harmful synthetic chemicals especially when there are similar, high-performing substances which can be harnessed from nature. And when science can be used to back that up, then bring on the pie charts!

So then, the Renaissance Mask. It comes in a pleasingly heavy jar and kind of reminds me of a melty sorbet. Or a strawberry cream centre. It's fruity! And kind of gooey in an edible sort of way. But don't waste it eating the stuff - get it on your face! For it claims to brighten and resurface the skin, with those AHAs exfoliating away the dead outermost layer of the skin revealing a more radiant complexion. Here goes...

It massages in very nicely, turning a milky colour so you know it's working. And to reiterate, it smells delicious. Like breakfast for the skin! Then you need some patience to wait 10 - 15 minutes before removing with warm water. It's very pleasant to wear, whilst you are waiting, as it doesn't dry out or feel too sticky. Although, with most masks you do have to look like you might have gently dipped your face in a custard pie. But that's OK. It's part of the fun isn't it?

Rinsing with warm water takes a few goes and maybe a quick wipe with a cheeky flannel but it does indeed reveal a brighter complexion! My skin felt very, very soft - thanks butterbur. And it did look clearer and smoother and more even. 

You see, I had a very late night, so was feeling particularly puffy and achy-faced this morning when I used it. But the process of using the Renaissance Mask - massaging it in, the energising smell, obviously the ingredients used - all breathed sweet life back into my tired face! And left me not only looking brighter, but feeling it too! 

Oskia, you had me at hello.

Oskia Renaissance Mask is £48.50 for 50ml
Available at online at Oskia and Apostle and in store at Liberty's





No comments:

Post a Comment