Tuesday 26 April 2011

Neal's Yard Rose Formula Hydrating Eye Cream


As I mentioned in the last post, I had a lovely facial at Neal's Yard (again you can read it here) a while back and along with the Lemon Balm and Rose Tea I was also given the Rose Formula Hydrating Eye Cream. How nice!

So the reason I was given this particular cream was because although I was concerned about the onset of fine lines around the eyes (in which case the White Tea Toning Eye Gel is also a good option) I was actually more interested in finding a cream to plump out my under eye area for a more wide awake look. So many eye creams drone on about relieving puffiness and being cooling etc... as if you might suffer from a permanent black eye on the brink of swelling up like a baboon's behind. Now I might be alone in this but I don't really get puffy eyes (unless I'm sobbing my heart out to Beaches or something) so I'm not really in the market for this kind of effect. Instead, I'm more prone to the reverse, looking a little sunken if that isn't too scary a thought. And obviously, I know the only real cure to this is to get more sleep, but I think it's almost too late for that. I might have to live out the rest of my days asnoozin' on the veranda, stacking up the Zs to chase away my dark shadows. By which time I might wake up in my nineties and my sunken eyes won't be the problem,  it'll be my hips, my knees, my teeth! Good god what a shocking glimpse of the future. Ugh.

Anyway. Luckily I have help before we get to that stage. The Rose Formula Hydrating Eye Cream is a very soothing and very, well... hydrating treat for the eyes, that has now become firmly lodged in my skincare routine. 

Years ago, I didn't really care much about eye cream. I guess I didn't have to. But the more I think about it the more I realise how important it is to protect and feed the skin around the eyes, as it's the thinnest, most delicate and the first place to go, so to speak, when age sets it.

The rose formula is suitable for all skin types as it's extremely gentle and calming. I use it twice a day and like to take a minute carefully patting it in though it does absorb really fast. Witch hazel is the first ingredient, not aqua (water) which is almost always the first ingredient in a cream. And witch hazel is a great toner but apparently it also has an anti-oxident effect to reduce those fine lines for a smoother appearance. It's got a whole host of other goodies in there too, like pomegranate seed oil, avocado oil, starflower oil and propolis extract. It tightens the skin in the nicest possible way. And it promotes collagen production. All that, along with the hydrating effect, will help to get that lifted, plumper look.

It's a real nice and easy cream and I love that the pump delivers exactly the right amount. But it maybe more helpful to praise this cream for what it doesn't do as I have used many eye creams that have left me a bit underwhelmed - where I haven't noticed I've applied it at all except for that sticky, tacky feeling. This one isn't too rich, isn't too icky, spreads very smoothly and quickly, absorbs very fast, doesn't leave a residue, doesn't have a weird smell, actually smells quite nice, but not too strong and isn't mega expensive. In fact it's quite reasonable.

You just can't go wrong.

Neal's Yard Rose Formula Hydrating Eye Cream £22.50 for 10ml
Available online and in store at Neal's Yard Remedies


No comments:

Post a Comment